Hi, just wanted to let you know that I'm still alive. It's been a long time since I've updated this blog. I feel very guilty about ignoring it for so long. So I decided to post one of of my sketch book assignments. For this assignment, I was suppose to draw a composition with texture and drapery. I got so wrapped up in studying my Algebra test, that I ended up drawing this sketch till 12:00. O_O Way do I do this to myself! Whyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!I remember the day of the class, I was tired and cranky and kept telling myself "This day's gonna suck!"
To my surprise, when My teacher gave me back my sketch book, she told me what a great job I did on my sketch. And I was like : O OMG!!! This is actually one of the best days ever! = D
I was so happy and surprised that it turned out so well. I guess I work better under pressure? However, I don't ever want to do something that crazy again! Ever!
I also learned that the perfect subject of texture is outside. I randomly thought rocks and leaves would be a great subject for texture. I sat the leaves and rocks on my bed with my curtains in the background. I think I'm actually liking tone shading, it's easy to tweak mistakes and it's fun. Kind of messy, but hey, messy is fun sometimes. ^_^
Hopefully I'll start updating this blog on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, like I planned on doing. I just need to get out of my artist block when it comes to my normal art. That's what I love about my art class, it's forcing me to draw and challenge myself as an artist. Maybe I should post more of my class work. Hopefully, I won't be drawing it the day before the deadline like last time. ^_^;
Midnight drawing FTW!
ReplyDeleteYour supposed to say: "Today something great will happen." A motivational speaker told me that during a job fair presentation.
Gotta love texture, yes? Always a tricky, yet important, subject.