Oh Hai! I've been working on art for the Sketch Book Project 2012 with my writer sister Jen Rose. Read her blog please. =) We're doing a concert poster themed sketch book. I'm drawing the images and my sister's doing her lovely typography work.
This is for a NeedToBreathe and Taylor Swift concert. I didn't go to this concert, but the way my sister described it, it was easy to get an idea what to draw. Apparently there was a lot of raining glitter during Taylor Swift's set and NeedToBreathe had a huge picture of there album cover with the horses head. So I thought, a horse with glitter would be epic. XD
So here's the pictures of the progress. I plan to post scans as soon as possible.
I sketched out the drawing. I did a little thumbnail of the picture so I can test out color scheme ideas and not risk messing up the picture.
This was the beginning stage of coloring the poster. Jen wrote the amazing typography.
This was me testing the glitter gel pens and pastels in my sketch book. It's messy fun.
Went ahead and started coloring the spot lights. I thought using colors like blue and purple would make the horse and the text stand out.
Then I started working on the black. It looks really scribbly. But after smudging it with a tissue, it looks a lot better.
After smudging, well, almost.
This is a closer shot of the text. I used a gold glitter gel pen for Taylor Swift's name, but it's hard to tell. = /
Welp, that's it for now. I'll post the finished picture soon along with more sketch book project goodness.







No comments:
Post a Comment